JOIN THE PARTNERS CARD TEAM
Join the Partners Card team and change lives for the better!
Here's HOW it works:
- Purchase a Partners Card for $75.
- Call Partners Card hotline at 214.443.7754 or visit www.partnerscard.org
by October 17.
- Purchase from community seller volunteers, your neighborhood Tom Thumb
or one of the card-selling stores listed in bold starting October 17.
- Shop and enjoy a generous 20% discount offered to cardholders at more than 750 retail stores and restaurants from October 24th – November 2nd. More than 750 retailers and restaurants participate in the event each year.
- 100% of the $75 card purchase goes directly to support The Family Place programs and services for victims of domestic violence in our community. Partners Card Sponsors underwrite all administrative and production costs of the Partners Card promotion.
- The “Card” is on the back of an easy-to-use directory with a detailed listing of all retailers and restaurants by area and category.
One Partners Card:
- Provides one night of shelter for a woman and her child
- Buys diapers for an infant for 8 weeks
- Buys 25 bus passes to help women find employment, receive medical care and secure protective orders
As a Retail Sales Liasion (RSL), we ask that you do the following:
- The Family Place mails contracts to previous participating retailers inviting them to participate/return. We ask them to turn in contracts back to the Family Place by a set date to ensure they make the print deadline for the Partners Card and PC Directory.
- RSLs are assigned a retail area (zone). Beginning in mid-April RSLs should start following up with area retailers who have not returned/filled out their contracts. It is important to reiterate the print deadlines.
- RSLs should take inventory of the retail area. If there are new stores that would be a good fit for Partners Card, they should call/email either the Co-chairs or RSL Zone Chair. If determined a good fit The Family Place will send out a contract to the retailer/restaurant. The contract must be filled out and returned by the print deadline!
- RSLs should visit their stores between now and Partners Card at least once to introduce themselves to the manager and thank them for participating in the program.
- It is mandatory for all RSLs to attend at least one RSL training.
- In October the stores who have agreed to sell cards will receive their materials via delivery (cards/posters). Stores who would like to training should schedule a time with their RSL.
- The RSLs final and most important responsibility is to collect all of the money and any unsold cards from their retailers and turn them back into The Family Place. There should be one money pickup/check in after the first five days and a FINAL pick up of money and any unsold cards after day ten.
- This is a fun job! Many of you will be surprised how warmly you are received by your assigned retailers…they love Partners Card! Have Fun and Thank you for participating!!!
For more information, please contact:
Shivangi Pokharel - Partners Card Manager